Paul V. Milde, III has made Stafford County his home since 1989. He was elected to the Stafford County Board of Supervisors in November 2005 and served his third and final term on the Board in 2017 as Chairman, representing the Aquia District.
In his capacity as Aquia District Supervisor, Paul served as Chairman of the Board’s Community and Economic Development Committee, as well as having served on its Infrastructure Committee, and the following regional committees and commissions:
- Appointed by Speaker of the House William Howell, Virginia Land Conservation Foundation;
- Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) (former Chairman);
- George Washington Regional Commission (GWRC)
- Stafford County Museum and Cultural Center
- Potomac Watershed Roundtable
- Rappahannock Regional Solid Waste Management Board (R-Board) (Vice-Chairman)
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC)
- Virginia Railway Express (former Chairman); and
- Stafford Technology and Research Park (Chairman)
A champion of protecting the Crow’s Nest Peninsula, Paul is the founder and chairman of savecrowsnest.com, a campaign to increase public awareness and knowledge of the importance of protecting the Crow’s Nest Peninsula. Paul’s initiative of the County’s Transfer of Development Rights and Purchase of Development Rights programs were instrumental in acquiring and preserving the now 2,872 acres of the natural area preserve.
Paul is a member of the Aquia Harbour Lions Club, a Rotarian, and a supporter of the Hope House, Habitat for Humanity, and the Scouts. He supports the Stafford Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals in Stafford and Fredericksburg.
Paul owns and operates his own business, CIP Finishes, located in Stafford County. An avid diver, Mr. Milde is certified by the National Association of Underwater Instructors as both a scuba diver and an Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx) scuba diver. Mr. Milde is also a licensed pilot.
Paul’s wife, Irina, works as a small business loan underwriter, they live in Stafford. Paul is the proud father of his children: a son, Travis, and a daughter, Bailey. Paul worships at Andrew Chapel United Methodist Church.